Membership is so important to the Seattle Whiskey Collective. Without our members, we simply wouldn’t be able to taste so many good whiskeys every month. We also wouldn’t be able to try rare whiskeys or tour distilleries for free. None of the experiences we’ve had in the last 17 months would be possible without our great members.
So it’s for this reason that last weekend we decided to celebrate our members (and Christmas) with a member cocktail party.
What’d We Drink?
- rye, sweet vermouth, Angostura bitters
- bourbon, maple syrup, lemon juice, Scrappy’s Cardamom bitters
- bourbon, amaretto, lemon juice, simple syrup, egg white
Santa’s Little Helper punch
From Barrelhouse Flat in Chicago
- 1 (750-ml) bottle of rye whiskey
- 1 (750-ml) bottle of sweet vermouth (we used Carpano Antica – our favorite sweet vermouth)
- 1 gallon fresh apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 10 dashes Angostura bitters
Combine all the ingredients in a crock pot or dutch oven and let sit for one hour on low heat. Serve in punch cups. We did not garnish because of time but if you did want to garnish, pierce a small orange twist with a cinnamon stick and rest on the lip of the cup.
What’d We Eat?
- Mexican hot chocolate cookies, gingerbread with caramel and apple sauce, popcorn, and a double chocolate espresso cake with cardamom nutmeg glaze (made by one of our wonderful members, Siiri).
- Brie cheese and cranberry sauce, Swedish meatballs, and bread and truffle butter
None of the food would have been possible without our lovely wives.
After the party my wife told me that multiple people approached her and said we have done a really good job of building a community and a place where people can make friends. That’s really important to us because we don’t just want to drink whiskey, we want to drink whiskey with friends.
Many thanks to Siiri for providing the space in beautiful downtown Seattle and to all the members that were able to make it. We had a great time hanging out with you.
If you’d like to learn more about being a member visit our home page or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org